Thank You so very much, darellphilip, for nominating me for this award. I appreciate your support of my blog posts. It means much to work in a mutually supportive environment with like minds. I believe that is what this award is about. By supporting each other we create a light that shines on those involved in this mutually supportive effort. The resulting “Sunshine” warms our hearts and soothes the soul. It is a blessing from God. Again, Thank You, darellphilip !
To those reading, if you have not visited his blog, you should go to https://darellphilip.wordpress.com/ and see what he has posted. He supports the work of others and consistently searches for more to include in this circle of ‘Sunshine.’ Check it out!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
- What are you thankful for right now and why?
- I am thankful for God’s love — the strength, clarity, love for others He instills in me; for my family — my children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins; for each person with whom I come into contact — face-to-face, in social media, and on this and other blog posts, I am truly blessed by each; for my ability to express myself in written form — both prose and poetry, for this blog page — it has helped me to expand my horizons with regard to who I am and the purposes for my writing ability, and I am thankful for the necessities of life which are provided in abundance.
- Who inspires you?
- my fellow bloggers, other authors, other poets, journalists, academics, family, friends, the news. I often am inspired to pursue a new line of research or thought by the written or verbal expression of others.
- Where is your favourite vacation spot?
- It varies, but typically the Ozarks in the heartland of the United States. It is where I grew up and I am enthralled with the lay of the land. I feel very close to nature and to God when I am there.
- When did you first realize your love for blogging?
- About a year ago, I realized that I truly had the ability to write poetry and prose worthy of sharing with others here on my wordpress.com pages rather than saving all of it for future publication. It has actually helped me with my projects planned for traditional publication too.
- Why does Black Lives Matter?
- For me, saying specifically–Black lives Matter–excludes all other races as negligible and unworthy of mattering. I believe one race is as important–and matters as much–as any other. I believe singling out one race is much more racist than most other racist statements because it excludes ALL other races. I believe God sees the color of our hearts, not the color of our skins, when He determines who is important and that persons of all races matter to Him. Thus, persons of all races must matter to me, not just one race; I believe my responsibility is determining what one projects from his / her heart and then promote those whose projections are aligned with those of Jesus Christ. The riots that are being presented as peaceful protests are harmful to others and to the property of others, as well as to the cause they are purported to support. Thus they are against God’s will, and–as such–I cannot condone them in any form. Peaceful Protests are never violent or demeaning to others. I appreciate you asking this question, because it allows me to say these things with purpose. They have been weighing heavily on my heart.
- How many pets do you have?
- none — I have had pets in the past, right now it would cost more to properly care for a pet than I can manage.
- What new skills have you acquired during lockdown?
- I have been able to take the time needed to improve on my health through nutrition research and finding new and better recipes to utilize in this endeavor. I have also been able to better visualize the end product in my poetry book(s), my novels, and my non-fiction endeavors.
- Where does your inspiration to blog come from?
- It comes from many sources: from reading–the blogs of others, news articles online, journal articles, poetry, and even during sleep. Inspiration comes from all about me, from within me, and from a spiritual connection with God and His Son.
- Who is most important to you in your life right now and why?
- God, my children, and my grandchildren because they are God given gifts. I will never receive a better gift than my children and my grandchildren.
- Why should bloggers follow your blog?
- I try to reflect on events happening in our world as I write. I try to always write with honesty and integrity in a way which allows others to take what they like and leave the rest. I am honored to know others see enough value in my posts to want more people to see and read them too. These award nominations have humbled me much. All praise, I believe, goes to God and His Son, Jesus. I strive to live my life in a manner pleasing to them. Hopefully, the value of that will continue to be seen by others. Thank You for asking this question too. It has given me the opportunity to reflect upon what I do and why. Thank You for nominating me!
- When will racism end?
- I fear–because evil roams the world seeking ways to destroy all efforts for peaceful existence–I fear it will not end until the Lord comes to call us home.
- Tangie @ https://www.tangietwoods.blog
- Blanca @ https://journeyinfindinggod414907732.wordpress.com/
- ChallEngEr @ https://ministryin.wordpress.com/
- Nomison @ https://artnomison.wordpress.com/
- Sarah @ https://studywys.wordpress.com/about-myself/
- Anju @ https://thinkbigcom529246297.wordpress.com/about/
- Maurice @ https://soulrenewed.wordpress.com/
- parneetsachdev @ https://timelessmind.org/
- Maxine @ https://heavensreef.wordpress.com/
- Terese @ https://teresebelme.com/
- Saania @ https://saania2806.wordpress.com/
My Questions for My Nominees:
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite quote? Why?
- In your education, what has had the most impact on you? Why?
- What is your favorite course of study? Why?
- Who influenced you to begin your blog? Why?
- Do you implement your own writing style on your blog, or do you follow that of someone else? Why?
- If you could correct one aspect of the world right now, what would it be and why?
- Who do you look up to and why?
- What, or who, is your greatest source of strength? Why?
Again, Thank You, darellphilp, for nominating me for this award! To those whom I nominated, I look forward to reading your responses. Please remember to link back to my site when you complete your post. Thank You!
What are the award’s rules?
- 1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog.
- 2. Make a Post of the award [with photo].
- 3. Post the award’s rules.
- 4. Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- 5. Nominate 10-30 other bloggers.
- 6. Follow Vincent Ehindero @ vincentehindero.wordpress.com [to qualify for a free blog promotion and shoutout] and more blogging opportunities.
Thank You, girrrrl_of_two_worlds, for nominating me as a contender for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award! I appreciate your recognition of my blog pages. What an honor!
Many Thanks to you as well Vincent Ehindero @vincentehindero.wordpress.com! This award is a great idea! You are to be commended! Everybody, check out his blogsite and thank him for recognizing fellow bloggers in this way!
Then, I recommend that you check out girrl_of_two_worlds blog site, Science-tastic: In Science We Trust. She is very good–a scientist in the making!!! https://juniorblogs.science.blog/2020/03/25/vincent-ehindero-award-and-50-followers/.
My Questions from girrrrl_of_two_worlds at Science-tastic:
- What’s your favorite unrealistic eye color [eg. purple or orange]?
2. Growing up, what was your favorite story?
Anne of Green Gables
3. Which song is currently stuck in your head?
"Angry Words" by: Horatius R. Palmer Angry words! Oh, let them never from the tongue unbridled slip: May the heart's best impulse ever check them ere they soil the lip. Chorus: "Love one another," thus saith the Saviour; Children obey the Father's blessed command; "Love one another," thus saith the Saviour; Children obey His blessed command. Love is much to pure and holy; friendship is to sacred far, for a moment's reckless folly thus to desolate and mar. [Chorus] Angry words are lightly spoken, bitt'rest thoughts are rashly stired; brightest links of life are broken by a single angry word. [Chorus]
4. Which chore do you absolutely hate doing?
When company is here: Cleaning up after a meal.
5. If leaves were any different color–which would you like them to be?
Varying shades of blue.
6. If you had the chance to learn any language, minus the hard work, which would it be?
7. According to you, what was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
The coronavirus pandemic.
8. Do you believe in afterlives and reincarnation?
Yes, I believe in the afterlife, definitely! I am not so sure about the reincarnation — maybe?
9. Let’s say you were doomed to speak only one word for an entire day, what word would it be?
Hello! [Once I have the person’s attention, I could try to communicate with my hands.]
10. What’s your favorite kind of workout?
Walking or Strength Training
My Nominations for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award:
- Sonal Mishra at https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com/
- Kamya Seervi at https://keepupwithkamya.wordpress.com/
- Saania Sparkle at https://saania2806.wordpress.com/
- Anurag at https://feelitnwrite.wordpress.com/
- Jul | bandito10059793 at https://the-flood.com/
- Ayesha at https://themindofayesha.wordpress.com/
- Rising Star at https://idealinspiration.blog
- Kingston S Lim at https://kingstonlim.com/
- Alltheusernameareout at https://studywys.wordpress.com/
- Shravanthi at https://shravanthiwrites.home.blog/
My Questions for My Nominees:
- What would you like to accomplish, over time, with your writing?
- When you need to ‘refuel’ (so to speak): Do you prefer to be alone for a while, or do you want to be with other people?
- What is/was your favorite subject in school, and why?
- If you could have one wish fulfilled for the world, what would that wish be?
- What have you done ‘for yourself’ during the coronavirus pandemic?
- What have you done ‘for someone else’ during the coronavirus pandemic?
- What is your favorite color rose, and why?
- Who is your favorite author, and why?
- What is your favorite quote, and why?
- If you could remove one thing from the world, what would it be?
Again, Thank You, girrrrl_of_two_worlds, for the nomination! I really appreciate it! Everybody, if you have not checked out her blog, you must do so! You are in for a treat! https://juniorblogs.science.blog/2020/03/25/vincent-ehindero-award-and-50-followers/.
Stay Safe and COVID-19 Free!!!!!
I have been nominated for the Ideal Inspiration Award by Sonal Mishra @ https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com. I am honored, humbled, and happy Sonal saw the qualities in me and my posts to deem me worthy of the Ideal Inspiration Award. Thank You, Sonal! Words cannot express my thanks as I humbly accept this magnificent honor!
Sonal is an up and coming poetess, writer, author, artist/illustrator who strives to encourage other bloggers along creative paths shared on this, our journey through life. She is proficient at voicing praise and love for those of us with whom she comes into contact. I feel especially Blessed for having made Sonal’s acquaintance here in the blog posts of our WordPress pages.
I am doubly Blessed by her because she also nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was so surprised and humbled by her generous spirit and by her nominating me for these two awards, I actually had to sit back, collect my thoughts, and look at what I do for a couple of days. My goal is always to impact the lives of others by encouraging acceptance of the paths that others choose to take without allowing that acceptance to negatively influence my own response to life and others in it. Sonal seems to have picked up on my acceptance and love of others sharing my journey in life.
Be sure to visit Sonal Mishra’s web page @ https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com. Bask yourself in the beauty of her creations.
Sonal Mishra, Thank You so very much for deeming me worthy to be nominated for the Ideal Inspiration Award. I am honored, elated, happy, and humbled by your nomination. I strive with all I do to be a positive influence on others. Thank You for seeing that quality in me!
The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award is a non-official award created by the members of Team Ideal Inspiration and is given to bloggers by bloggers as an acknowledgment of the inspiring work published on their blogs. The award reflects the positive impact people can have on one another in life. It is a recognition of bloggers by bloggers as a means of inspiring aspirations to positively impact the artistic expression of other bloggers.
The Ideal Inspiration Award was introduced by Rising Star from “It’s all about inspiration” @ https://idealinspiration.blog. Thank You, Rising Star for seeing the benefit of such recognition being focused upon other bloggers. I am especially honored to be nominated by Sonal Mishra @ https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com. In the short time I have known her on here, I have developed a respect and admiration for her work and her attitude toward others whom she meets along the way. Bloggers, do not forget to Thank Rising Star and provide a link back to his blog @ https://idealinspiration.blog.
Here are the rules:
— Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
— Answer his/her questions.
— Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions (maybe you’ll see your name down)
— Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog
— List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
— Provide the link to the Award Creator, Rising Star from Ideal Inspiration https://idealinspiration.blog.
As I noted above, my nomination was put forth by Sonal Mishra at https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com/2020/05/23/ideal-inspiration-blogger-award/. Be sure to visit her blog site and let her know we appreciate the inspiration she provides toward the continuity of inspiration in the blogging world. When you visit her blog posts, take note of the writing and of the illustration–both are her creation. She creates wonderful artwork to illustrate her writing. She is an up and coming poetess, writer, author, and artist/illustrator. Encourage her to continue creating, because she excels at both writing and paint/sketch art. I believe she will continue to excel at whatever paths she might choose along life’s journey.
Sonal’s Questions for me:
What was the first inspiration you got in your life?
My first inspiration came at an early age. I participated as a singer in local talent shows as early as age three, and I wrote my first poem at about the age of five. I had been learning, in Sunday School, of Jesus’ love for us. So, I wrote a poem about Jesus. I do not remember the words, and I no longer have the poem; but I do remember the topic.
From there, I wrote several poems during my teen years with one being published in my High School Newsletter my Junior year. I continued to write sporadically through my children’s growing-up years. My most proficient writing period, though, has been the past ten years. My inspiration comes at all hours, and I have learned to listen and write when it occurs.
Have you ever done any good for anyone?
Yes, I have always tried to do good for others, even from an early age. I was a Sunday School teacher of five students, ages 5-12, when I was only fourteen. I was much more mature than most young people my age, thus I was asked to fill the position.
From that, I became an advocate for children with special needs when my own children were quite young. That developed into advocacy for childhood public education as an officer in my children’s school PTA organization. I also coordinated efforts with the District and State offices of PTA.
I then moved into advocacy for community members with special needs, serving as a volunteer for two-and-a-half years before being paid for part-time hours and volunteering hours to supplement paid time. By then, I had realized my own natural abilities as both social worker and counselor. I pursued an education in the latter.
My greatest hope is: When my time on earth has ended, I will have left a warm spot in more than one person’s heart–because that is what life is all about, I believe. I try to ask myself: “What Would Jesus Do?” and pattern my life after Him.
Do you live to eat or eat to live?
I eat to live. Do not get me wrong, I love to eat–good food–but I daily research my health’s nutritional needs and design my diet accordingly. Health concerns have presented the need for this–in the past decade especially. I have always eaten a healthy diet, but it is now much more prevalent in my planning of what I will eat. There are days when my writing might make me forget to eat, if I did not need to eat nutritionally for my health. So, I do both.
How important do you think modernity is?
It depends upon the person and his or her lifestyle. I believe modernity is important in that many would not know how to live without it. The pandemic, I believe will lead some to learn more of the old ways just to ensure survival, but many will ‘fight’ if you will, to keep the modern ways–and that is ok–because they need the modern ways to be all they can be too.
I grew up old-school, and I know the old ways–live by them to a large degree–but I embrace modernity too. I enjoy learning new tech skills. As my poetry, my novel, my essays, blogs and painting skills grow, I hope to publish and branch out from there. I plan to create an author/artist web page in the near future and would like to be able to do my own upkeep and IT work.
What would you choose from both modernism and traditionalists?
From modernism, as I said above, I want to create a web page for my authorial endeavors and for my painting and sketching. That will involve a lot, so I will need to embrace modern phone technology and continue to grow in other technologies as the need arises.
From traditionalists, there is nothing and no one more important than my children and grandchildren. They are gifts from God, and I treasure them more than they can possibly know.
I also love to garden, preserve my own foods through canning, freezing–and want to begin dehydrating–in order to limit unhealthy additives. I love the process of doing the old crafts of knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, etc. There are not enough hours in a day to do all I would like to do–but I try!
My Nominees are:
Arlene Somerton Smith
100 Country Trek
Questions to My Nominees are:
- What inspires you to create?
- How do you determine what you create with a specific inspiration?
- If you could visit face to face with the one person of all time by whom you have been inspired, who would that be?
- During this pandemic, what have you done to kindle inspiration in its midst?
- With what one inspiration would you like to impact society today?
Again, Thank You so very much Rising Star @ https://idealinspiration.blog for creating the Ideal Inspiration Award. I am honored to be nominated for it by Sonal Mishra @ https://ouractionisourluck.wordpress.com/. Thank You again, Sonal! I treasure your recognition!
Keep creating inspiration in yourself and others!