tkbrownwriter Nominated by Geogetta Head — 18 August 2020
I am so very honored and humbled by receiving a third nomination for the Liebster Award, this one by Georgetta Head. To be recognized with one Liebster Award was amazing to me, and now to have received my third nomination is more than I could possibly have ever imagined. Thank You, Georgetta, for this special recognition of the writings I post. It is indeed a blessing to be named as worthy of recognition by a blogging peer who also knows all that goes into creating a message of any genre. With each nomination, I am blessed with new acquaintances, new blogging peers, and new friends. Each of you means much to me, and I pray I might continue to create posts which are of service to God and to all who read. I shall always strive to maintain a high quality to the writings I post.
To those of you who are reading this post, Georgetta creates beautiful and informative posts to educate, inspire, and equip her readers with the tools required for a blessed life here on earth. If you have not visited and read her postings, I encourage you to click this link: https://journeythroughlifeministries.com/. You will surely want to return often because her service to God and her blogging peers is exceptional. I, too, enjoy reading and researching topics to write about; I also enjoy knitting, crocheting, and other needlecrafts. So, we share a number of interests, Georgetta. May you be blessed in your efforts to reach out and touch the hearts of your readers.
The Liebster Award has been created as a way for bloggers to recognize relatively new peers who create posts they deem worthy of special notice. This site: https://bloggingfilter.com/liebster-award/ tells us “Liebster” is a German word which means ‘sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome’. To be recognized by my friends and fellow bloggers with such endearing welcomes is a very special honor.
Rules for the Liebster Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to her or his blog. To Georgetta: https://journeythroughlifeministries.com, Thank You, once again for bestowing this honor upon me!
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask ‘your nominees’ 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Georgetta’s Questions to me:
- What is your best childhood memory?
- When family (immediate or extended) would visit. The cooperation and comradery observed during meal preparation, cleaning up afterward, and just listening to everyone talk. These are extra special memories to me.
- If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?
- Though I have always lived my life in search of God and His righteousness (as He commands), there were times I sort of lost sight of that in lieu of other duties. If I could re-do those times, I would try not to ever lose sight of that goal. There is so much I could have learned and done, had I not lost direction during those times.
- How do you spend your free time?
- I typically spend my free time reading and writing, but I also enjoy researching (ancestry, nutrition, and topics to write about), cooking, painting, sketching, knitting, crocheting, sewing, and a number of other crafts. I have always enjoyed taking a simple strand of thread and creating something special and beautiful. That is much the way I approach my writing. I take a simple strand of thought, watch it bloom in my mind, then put it to paper.
- What do you feel most proud of?
- As I have said before, I try not to be “proud,” because it goes against living a life pleasing to God. However, I am happy and pleased when I successfully complete any project.
- What is the skill you would like to learn and why?
- I still have the desire to learn other languages. When possible, I take tiny steps toward achieving this goal.
- What is your strongest quality?
- I have always been a good listener. It helps me to be more compassionate and understanding.
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
- My Bible
- Paper and Pen
- My faith in God
- Good Health
- My compassion for others
- What teacher in school made the most impact on you and why?
- My first and second grade teacher (same person). She helped me to understand I was in school to learn, and that was where my focus should remain.
- Who do you most admire in your life?
- My parents — “when life gave them scraps, they made quilts.” — Anonymous
- What is the best comedy movie you have ever seen and why?
- “Look Who’s Talking” — In a very humorous way, it makes one stop and think about what a baby is thinking at times before he/she learns to talk.
- Do you believe in luck?
- No, I believe in opportunity.
My Nominees are:
My Questions to My Nominees:
- What is your favorite genre to read and why?
- What color best describes you as a person and why?
- If travel into outer space were as simple as traveling around the world, where would you go and why?
- Is the statement, “Black Lives Matter” racist?
- Is the statement, “All Lives Matter” racist?
- Why did you answer questions 4 and 5 as you did?
- Whom have you considered your most important role model and why?
- Why do we have parents?
- What is most important: to have peace of mind or to have a million dollars?
- What does writing do for you personally?
- Do you engage in the visual arts (i.e., painting, sketching, sculpting)? If so, which?
The Liebster Award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. It is a great idea in promoting your own blog and those of others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers, but this has slowly lowerd as the reward has gained popularity. It is now supposedly only 200 readers or less. It’s really not an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs, go ahead and do it regardless of size. This award is all about promoting and viewing other peoples blogs.
Once again, I would like to Thank You, Georgetta, (https://journeythroughlifeministries.com) for bestowing this honor upon me. Also, to those whom I have nominated, Thank You, for all you do to grow and support the blogging community. I extend a heartfelt thanks to each of you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.