~~ by tkbrown
Hebrews 2:9 — “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.”
In Hebrews 2:9, the scripture says when God created the Son of Man, He was created a little lower than the angels. In other words, when Jesus came to earth, He was demoted. Prior to that time, He had been in heaven with God, since the beginning, as His equal.
- 1 — “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
- 2 — “He was in the beginning with God.”
- 3 — “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”
In order to taste death for everyone, He had to be “made a little lower than the angels.” He could not suffer death in our place as He was. So, in order to offer us eternal life in heaven with Him, Jesus became “a little lower than the angels.” God made His Son to also be the Son of Man so He could live on earth as a man and know all the weaknesses and frailties of man in a way God the Father does not. Thus, the Man Christ Jesus became Mediator between God and man.
1 Timothy 2:5-7
- 5 — “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,“
- 6 — “who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,”
- 7 — “for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle–I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying–a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.”
All these things happened that we might have eternal life through faith. Without faith that Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and the Son of Man as well as our Mediator, we will never inherit that home in heaven. Through faith we become sons and daughters of God and joint heirs with Christ when we obey Christ’s commandments.
Hebrews 11:1 — “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
I believe Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and the Son of Man. Joseph treated Jesus as his own child, because the world was to know him as such. Only those who inherit, jointly with Christ, that eternal home in heaven have the faith necessary to see it without seeing it.